Saturday 10 September 2011

Simon Cowell's fiancée Mezhgan moves into 'girlfriend graveyard' amid claims their engagement is off

Just days after Simon Cowell admitted he wasn't sure if he was still engaged to Mezhgan Hussainy, the make-up artist is said to have moved out of his house.
Hussainy is thought to have relocated to another of Simon's properties, nicknamed the 'girlfriend graveyard' by the music mogul's friends.
The move is the latest indication that Cowell and Hussainy's 18-month engagement is off.
Simon Cowell (L) and his fiancee Mezhgan Hussainy
Moving on: Simon Cowell's fiancée Mezghan Hussainy has apparently moved out of his house and into another nearby nicknamed the 'girlfriend graveyard'
A friend told the Daily Mirror: 'It looks like history is repeating itself. Some people have jokingly said that this other house is his girlfriend graveyard.
'It’s almost as though the girls get sent there when the relationship has died.'
The nickname came after another of Cowell's ex-girlfriends, US TV presenter Terri Seymour, moved into the property following their break-up.
The friend added: 'When Simon split up with Terri she moved into the hillside house for about 18 months before then moving to another pad which Simon is supposed to have paid for.'
Lap of luxury: Cowell's mansion where Hussainy no longer lives
Lap of luxury: Cowell's mansion where Hussainy no longer lives
A member of staff at the house, which is located near to Cowell's Beverly Hills mansion, confirmed to the Mirror: 'Yes, she is living here. She is here now.'
Cowell stunned listeners on Howard Stern's radio show earlier this week when he revealed he was unsure if his engagement to Hussainy was still on.
Asked by Stern, Cowell replied: 'I'm not sure. I get embarrassed talking about these things.'
Distracted: Reports emerged of troubles in their relationship after Cowell's distracted kiss on the Jay Leno show
Distracted: Reports emerged of troubles in their relationship after Cowell's distracted kiss on the Jay Leno show
However, Cowell then told the Daily Mail the matter was 'private', adding: 'This was me and my big mouth... I'm not even going to go there.
'Seriously,it's just private. I know that sounds ridiculous after what I said on the radio and I don't want to sound a hypocrite, but it is.'
Despite Cowell once claiming he wouldnever marry, he became engaged to Miss Hussainy, 38, last year following a whirlwind romance. 
Former flame: Cowell's ex Terri Seymour apparently lived in the 'girlfriend graveyard' for 18 months after their split
Former flame: Cowell's ex Terri Seymour apparently lived in the 'girlfriend graveyard' for 18 months after their split
At the time, Cowell said: 'She's the one. She's very special. You know when you've found someone very special.'
They soon began making regular public appearances side by side, but they have not been seen together for the past few months.
Asked if the couple were still engaged, Cowell's mother Julie, 86, said: 'I honestly don't know, I've hardly seen him.
'I saw him three days last week  and he was working constantly, of course, every day in the studio while he was here.
'I met him briefly for dinner and  he didn't discuss anything with me. He's very private, Simon, about his personal life. He won't talk about it, so I'm as much in the dark as everyone else.'
But she admitted: 'I haven't seen Mezhgan for months – she's been in America allthis time and I don't know if she's working or what, because she has her make-up company and is very busy and I've been on holiday, but she hasn't rung me for weeks.
'Mezhganused to call me when she first went back to America a couple of times, but she is busy and I'm busy. I would like Simon to settle down one day,but I know my son and he's very private regarding his personal life so if he wants to tell me something, I presume he will.

'I do not quiz my son, it's the one way to make yourself unpopular as a mother. You have to wait and be told.'
Before the radio interview with Stern, Cowell had appeared to hint he had changed his mind about the wedding during an interview with America's GQ magazine.
He said: 'Truthfully, with the schedule, the crazy hours, I don’t think it would work. With the way I live my life, I wouldn’t have the patience. I’d sort of want people born at the age of 10.'

No comments:

Post a Comment