Sunday 4 September 2011

Usain Bolt zaps GB dimwits

PRIZE JAM ... Usain Bolt, Michael Frater, Nesta Carter and Yohan Blake celebrate Jamaica's relay gold
PRIZE JAM ... Usain Bolt, Michael Frater, Nesta Carter and Yohan Blake celebrate Jamaica's relay gold

USAIN BOLT threw his baton in the air after leading Jamaica to 4x100m relay glory.

But Britain threw their baton and medal hopes away following a nightmare collision with the USA on the final changeover.
Bolt streaked to glory 24 hours after clocking the fourth fastest 200m in history to retain his world title and make amends for his dramatic false-start exit in the 100m. But he was given a massive helping hand by the bungling Brits and Americans, who were Jamaica's closest challengers at the final exchange.
The USA were second coming into the final bend when Darvis Patton was sent tumbling to the ground after colliding with Britain's Harry Aikines-Aryeetey.
The Englishman said: "I felt a knee on my arm. I didn't come here for this.
"But I am sorry to the nation and the whole team. I was in my lane but I still have to say sorry to the American guy."
As Patton sprawled on the floor, a despairing Marlon Devonish ended up throwing the baton at Aikines- Aryeetey, who appeared to have set off early for the handover.
But Aikines-Aryeetey insisted: "I don't think I went too soon."
Craig Pickering, who ran the second leg after skipper Christian Malcolm, said: "We should have got the baton round and got a medal."
Bolt, who believes he would have won 100m gold had he not false-started, said: "I made a mistake but I came back to show the world that I'm still the best.
"I will learn from that. I'm not a legend yet. I've got to go to London and blow people's minds, to do something extraordinary."

No comments:

Post a Comment